News: South Africa Tourism Minister On Working Visit To West Africa

African tourism

South Africa Tourism Minister, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, will in the coming week travel to West Africa for a working visit to its regional neighbours in Ghana and Nigeria. The Minister will spend two-days in Accra attending the First UNWTO Presidential Leadership Taskforce on Women Empowerment on Tourism Sector with Focus on Africa, where she will be part of a discussion panel […]

Read more

INSECURITY: Crippling Africa’s Huge Tourism Market

State boko leah Tourism

As the continents of the world continue to get connected with the advancement in technology, there is an equally increasing desire to explore unknown areas. Many want to travel to visit breathtaking sites, waterfalls, feel snow, see relics and so on. This has made tourism business grow. Tourism Society of England in 1976 defined tourism as “The temporary, short movement […]

Read more

Africa: Final List of Tourism 100 Club 2019 Personalities Unveiled

Africa yomi ATQnews tourism park

The 7th edition of the Abuja Jabamah, is set to take place on the 18th of November 2019 at the Exhibition Hall of the International Conference Centre (ICC) Abuja. As part of activities lined up for the event, leading tourism personalities in Nigeria will be inducted into the Tourism 100 Club. Travellers Magazine last year unveiled a list of 100 […]

Read more

AFRIMA: Nigeria Setting Pace For African Tourism With Feel Africa

afrima tourism

Earlier in the week, news made the rounds that the Federal Government of Nigeria has promised its full support for the successful hosting of the sixth All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA), and while many simply celebrated the announcement music-wise, many forgot the benefits and opportunities that come with the announcement, tourism-wise. The glamorous event, which is slated for November 20 […]

Read more

Tourism: Oba Of Benin Receives Africa Travel 100 Global Personalities Award

oba akwaaba

The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, has been honoured with Africa Travel 100 Global personalities awards by the Organiser of AKWAABA African Travel Market, Mr Ikechi Uko in recognition of his cultural and historical upstanding. This was just as the Director-General, National Council for Arts and Culture, Otunba Segun Runsewe presented a branded royal souvenir […]

Read more

News: Africa making more money on tourism from local tourists

tourism

Did you know that Africa’s tourism fetches more money from local tourists? according to the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) domestic tourism contributes 56 percent of Africa’s revenue from tourism. The other 44 percent comes from foreign tourists. Although African tourism adverts are targeted at foreigners, several African countries are experiencing a strong increase in domestic tourism, notably Rwanda, […]

Read more

Africa: Tourism ’ll generate N12bn for Nigeria in 2028 –ITF

tourism

Africa: Tourism ’ll generate N12bn for Nigeria in 2028 –ITF The Director General of Industrial Training Fund (ITF), Joseph Ari, has said that the tourism industry will generate N12 billion for Nigeria by 2028. He noted that the sector is capable of generating over 100 million jobs for indigents and less privilege youths in the country. Ari disclosed this Monday […]

Read more

News: Jamaica’s Tourism Minister to Receive Africa Travel and Tourism Award

tourism

Jamaica’s Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett has been recognized by the African travel and tourism industry for his exemplary work and contribution to the growth of the sector in Africa and in the Diaspora. ATQ News and Akwaaba African Travel Market have selected Minister Bartlett as one of the Africa Top 100 Tourism Personalities to be honoured at the First […]

Read more

Akwaaba: Pan African Tourism is the way to go for Africa – Ghanaian deputy tourism minister

Ghana is one of the leading destinations in Africa for Meeting, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions. Over the years, the country has re-strategised and repositioned its travel and tourism industry on the path of sustainable growth. In this Interview with Franklin Ihejirika at the recently concluded Akwaaba African Trave Market in Lagos, Hon. Dr Ziblim Iddi, deputy minister, Ministry of Tourism, […]

Read more

News: An A-To-Z Look At Lessons Learned From Some Of The World’s Best Tourism Marketing Campaigns

tourism

Whether representing cities, regions or entire countries travel bureau marketing professionals are responsible for pleasing everyone. Though travelers and travel agents are their target audiences, travel bureaus typically report into government bodies with the citizens and business owners representing their “clients.” Because of this complicated structure, some travel bureaus stifle their creativity, often due to fear of negative constituent reactions, […]

Read more
1 2 3 55