Tourism: Africa is the second largest Destination for French Tourists
France provides a thorough insight into the country’s domestic and outbound tourism industry. The report shades light into the profiles of French tourists and summarizes the key reasons why they travel.
The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the French outbound travel market.
France is one of the most valuable tourist markets globally and French tourists are considered sophisticated travelers. In particular, France is the 10th largest market in the world in terms of the size of its outbound market and ninth in terms of the size of its domestic market.
Following several years of stagnant economic growth, the outlook for the French economy is positive. Increased consumer confidence is expected to be translated into more international trips; outbound travel is set to grow at a CAGR of 1.5% between 2017 and 2022.
– Outbound travel is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of 1.5% between 2017 and 2022.
– Domestic travel will recover by 2020, but then will decline as the French are forecast to favour international trips.
– Europe is the destination of 80.6% of outbound French travelers.
– Africa is the second most visited region by French visitors.
– As the economy is set to grow, businesses are looking for internationalization opportunities, boosting business travel.
– As more players are entering the long haul low cost segment, competition in aviation is set to intensify.